Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Subway

Today I went on the most amazing adventure. I went and hiked the Subway at Zions. Oh my goodness, It was fantastic! I went with my brother in law and some people from his ward. There were about 12 of us in all. It is a 9.5 mile hike. It took us 7 hours to complete it. There was this part during the hike where you have to travel through water, I knew about this before hand and I also knew that the water was going to be REALLY cold. So I was mentally prepared for what was awaiting me...however my body was not. It was SO cold, words cannot even begin to express it. My body went into shocked mode. All I could think about was getting to the other side and getting out. I was working so hard on swimming, except my whole body went numb almost instantly. It was serioulsy the coolest thing ever.  Then I had to repel down a mountain about 10 feet. I have never repeled. I did very good for my 1st time. Then we were inside this beautiful area. I have never seen this part of Zions before. I can not express how great the whole trip was.
I feel so blessed to have been able to go out and hike that beautiful hike. It was so amazing. Matt stayed home and watch the kids so I could go. I can not wait to do it again and I can not wait to do all the other great hikes around here also. I have a feeling me and the family are going to be doing a lot of hiking in the future.
If you would like to see pictures of the Subway go here http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index58.htm

1 comment:

MyDonkeySix said...

that looks and sounds awesome. you are one tough lady!